Sunday, December 26, 2010

Monkey Bread... yummmm

New feat today.... Monkey Bread!  Family fellowship is on Tuesday and I had to think of something I could make in advance and freeze (we don't have an oven/stove in our apartment yet).  My husband works at Teen Challenge of the Midlands.  It is similar to a treatment facility but more of a year long mentoring program for men (teens and women are at other facilities) who have any addiction be it drugs, alcohol, gambling, work... anything that takes God's place as number on in your life.

Anyway... Tuesday, family fellowship... the staff each host a group of students in their homes and serve some snacks, get to know each other more, hang out and fellowship.  So, my mother "supervised" me in making homemade monkey break from her cinnamon roll recipe for the first time.




 The only problem... we might have put a few too many rolls in the bunt pan


I think they turned out all right, just a few edges that had spilled over.  We even had left overs and made some cinnamon bread to share with the rest of the family.



I even learned how to make butter cream frosting which I will make Tuesday to drizzle over the Monkey Bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment